Jill Carter is a a pioneer of Integrative and Trauma-Informed Sandplay® and Art in the UK. Her courses are the only ones in the country to integrate traditional talking therapies (object relations, Jungian, Gestalt, person-centred and Transpersonal) with creative media such as sandplay, art, meditation, music and movement. The focus is on integrating theory and practice through play, spirituality and self exploration. Her ‘Working Creatively with Trauma’ course is unique in examining and illustrating the most commonly used trauma models through the lens of creative media such as sandplay with an open, compassionate and questioning heart. This makes even the most complex theories accessible to counsellors and psychotherapists working with children, adolescents and adults.
Jill is a Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychotherapist and Supervisor (MA, UKCP and BACP) with 15 years experience of working creatively. She is a Registered Training Supervisor at a leading London transpersonal counselling training college and travels all over the world teaching and supervising individuals and groups in sandplay and art. Before then, she spent more than 20 years as a presenter on national radio and TV.
Jill’s courses have already supported hundreds of counsellors, psychotherapists and students to become more expressive in their work and in life.
Small groups led by a pioneer of Integrative Sandplay
- Interactive, friendly, supportive
- Working with children, adolescents and adults
- Practical skills for schools, NHS, private practice
- Creative learning through our own sandtrays
- Largest collection of sandplay figures in the UK
- Clear explanation of theory
- Latest evidence-based research
- Works to BACP ethical standards
In addition to teaching our scheduled courses, we can provide bespoke training courses for counsellors, psychotherapists, teaching staff and health workers. This includes our Certificate in Integrative Sandplay, Certificate in Integrative Art or shorter tailored courses on many aspects of creative therapy and supervision. We have supplied trainings to local authorities, schools and counselling services. If you are able to provide sand trays and other equipment, we are happy to do sandplay trainings on site across the UK. Contact Jill for details.
We can provide speakers at conferences and webcasts on sandplay, art, creativity in the counselling field, trauma work and supervision. We are also available for comments and interviews in the press, social media, online and radio/TV.
We have a limited number of therapy and supervision places for counsellors and psychotherapists working in this field. Contact us for availability face-to-face, phone or telephone internet services.
EXPERTISE targeted at needs of people on courses (tailored to fit each group) – Jill Carter is the top person in the UK AND believes in rigorous training and know how IN ORDER to target help for students in a place of safety.
- Showing and EXPRESSING FEELINGS through creativity can work better than just words – Sandplay and art (and other creative arts) help us communicate in a non threatening way which allows us to heal – sometimes without saying very much.
- SMALL GROUPS bring community feeling and support – Much more one to one attention than elsewhere. Builds group spirit. Many groups go on to do a number of courses together. Group will stay the same.
- Taking time to train and REFLECT for yourself brings huge benefits for you and your clients – Looking after yourself is really important when you do a job like this which can be very draining. Most people identify this as an unmet need before they come on courses.
- CREATIVE PLAY enables the natural healing we all have inside of us – Believe that you yourself and the kind space you create for yourself and your client through creative play is already enough. Being is more important than doing.
To facilitate healing for ourselves and others, through expressive creative activities which directly connect with our hearts and essence.
To provide support and training, in a participatory way, that awakens creativity and self-expression to open hearts for kinder relationships.
A business based on a team of teachers and supervisors (using integrative sandplay, art, music, drama, gongs, dance, meditation) who encourage counsellors to put aside their regular thinking and use their creative imagination and heart in their work.
Plus, pioneering, developing, devising and encouraging a creative way of working with sandplay and trauma – which does not yet exist.