An accessible weekend’s Introduction to Sandplay Therapy with children, adolescents and adults. Sandplay is an extremely effective form of therapy, in which the healing process happens in a gentle, non-verbal way. This course is suitable for anyone interested in the sandplay process, especially psychotherapists, play therapists and counsellors in schools, other counselling environments and in private practice. Other mental health, NHS and education professionals/volunteers and students are also welcome.
As it is a small supportive group (no more than 10 people), you will learn the key Jungian sandplay theories of Dora Kalff in a free and protected space. Kalff developed sandplay therapy after a request from her teacher Carl Jung to find a way to do Jungian analysis with children. We will also discuss the differences between Jungian sandplay therapy and Gestalt sand tray (and how you can integrate the two). In addition, you will get lots of practical help and one-to-one support from one of the UK’s top sandplay therapists, Jill Carter.
This introductory weekend will give you a good idea of how sandplay works. If you like our trainings therapists often continue onto the Certificate course, which gives you a sandplay therapy qualification. So, why not come and start your journey towards becoming a Sandplay Therapist.
Saturday and Sunday 29th and 30th June 2019.
10-5pm both days
£300 (payment plans available)
This course needs 6 people in order to go ahead on planned date. If less than that, we can offer other dates, other courses or a full refund.
Samarès Pathways Child and Family Centre, St Clement, Jersey.
Refreshments provided. Please bring your own lunch or there is a shop five minutes away.
This course is for you if:
- You work as a counsellor, psychotherapist, clinical psychologist, play therapist, wellbeing or mental health practitioner.
- You are a professional, student or volunteer in an educational /mental health setting, e.g. school, nursery, SEN or CAMHS.
- Adding sandplay therapy and play therapy skills appeals to you
The three levels of Sandplay Therapy Training:
- If you are curious about or new to sandplay therapy, the Introduction to Sandplay Therapy is the best place to start
- The next level is the Certificate in Integrative Sandplay Therapy, which is our main key skills course.
- After that, you can go on to the Diploma in Sandplay Therapy, which builds on and expands the skills of the previous courses.
Check this general overview on how to become a sandplay therapist.
Benefits of this course:
- Clear explanation of the Jungian sandplay theories of Dora Kalff
- Practical skills in sandplay process
- Advice on getting started in schools, counselling centres and in private practice e.g. what trays and figures to use.
- Tips on encouraging clients of all ages to try sand tray
- Experiencing sandplay therapy by doing it ourselves in a friendly community
- Research-based ways of encouraging employers to fund and raise awareness in society for sandplay therapy.
Jill Carter has been teaching and supervising sandplay therapy for 15 years. She is a Child, Adolescent Family and Adult UKCP and BACP Psychotherapist and Registered Training Supervisor. Jill has already taught hundreds of sandplay therapy students.
Saturday and Sunday 29th and 30th June 2019. Cost is £300 (payment plans available)
The course will give you:
The Introduction will give you all the skills you need to confidently use sandplay therapy and the ability do the Certificate in Sandplay.
Support and Community:
- Closed online groups, webinars, podcasts and videos.
- Group supervision days in Colchester and Ealing
What to do next:
I was impressed and inspired by Jill’s professionalism, her excellent handouts, her encyclopedic knowledge but most of all the personal qualities that she brings, such generosity of spirit and warmth of heart. The pace is gentle yet firm, her holding of the space exceptional and after experiencing Psychotherapy training in other institutions I would rate Jill’s approach as masterful and highly competent. The handouts are eloquent and erudite, the symbol collection second to none and the opportunity to learn experiential as well as via lectures deeply effective and in my case, life changing.