An accessible weekend’s Introduction to Sandplay Therapy with children, adolescents and adults. Because it is a small supportive group, you will learn the Jungian theories of Dora Kalff in a free and protected space. In addition, you will get lots of practical help and one to one support from one of the UK’s top sandplay therapists, Jill Carter. So, why not come and start your journey towards becoming a Certified Sandplay Therapist.
Saturday and Sunday February 9th– 10th 2019
10-5pm both days
Early Bird Special offer £250 valid till 20 December 2018 (then £300)
On Route Health, 44-46 South Ealing Road, Ealing, London W5 4QA
2 mins from South Ealing tube – very close to Heathrow Airport and 30 minutes from central London.
There is a vegan restaurant on site and good coffees and home made cake.
This course is for you if:
- You work as a counsellor, psychotherapist, clinical psychologist, play therapist, wellbeing or mental health practitioner.
- You are a professional, student or volunteer in an educational /mental health setting, e.g. school, nursery, SEN or CAMHS.
- Adding sandplay work and play therapy skills appeals to you
The three levels of Sandplay Therapy Training
- If you are curious about or new to sandplay therapy, the Introduction to Sandplay Therapy is the best place to start
- The next level is the Certificate in Integrative Sandplay Therapy, which is our main key skills course.
- After that, you can go on to the Diploma in Sandplay Therapy, which builds on and expands the skills of the previous courses.
Check this general prospect on how to become a certified sandplay therapist.
Benefits of this course:
- Clear explanation of the sandplay theories of Dora Kalff and Carl Jung
- Practical skills in sandplay therapy
- Advice on getting started in schools, counselling centres and in private practice e.g. what equipment to use.
- Tips on encouraging clients of all ages to try sand tray
- Experiencing sandplay therapy by doing it ourselves in a friendly community
- Research-based ways of encouraging employers to fund and raise awareness in society for sandplay therapy.
Jill Carter has been teaching and supervising sandplay therapy for 15 years. She is a Child, Adolescent Family and Adult UKCP and BACP Psychotherapist and Registered Training Supervisor. Jill has already taught hundreds of sandplay therapy students.
We have an Early Bird Offer of £250 payable at the time of booking. This is valid till 20 December 2018. After that the course is £300.
The course will give you:
Support and Community:
- Closed online groups, webinars, podcasts and videos.
- Group supervision days in Colchester and Ealing
What to do next:
I was impressed and inspired by Jill’s professionalism, her excellent handouts, her encyclopedic knowledge but most of all the personal qualities that she brings, such generosity of spirit and warmth of heart. The pace is gentle yet firm, her holding of the space exceptional and after experiencing Psychotherapy training in other institutions I would rate Jill’s approach as masterful and highly competent. The handouts are eloquent and erudite, the symbol collection second to none and the opportunity to learn experiential as well as via lectures deeply effective and in my case, life changing.