Whether you’re a counsellor, teacher, or therapist, you’ve dedicated your life to looking after others. While this can be extremely rewarding, it can also be very stressful and emotionally draining. Too much stress can have serious consequences on your health, such as burnout. Burnout is a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by…
Three levels of training taught by the pioneer of trauma-informed sandplay® in the UK.
- Weekend Introduction Course (now booking for 9/10th February 2019),
- Certificate in Integrative Sandplay provides the theory and skills to work with children, adolescents and adults (now booking for September 2019)
- Diploma in Integrative Sandplay, which explores self-care and spirituality in sand (now booking for Summer 2019).
Only courses in the UK teaching creativity – sandplay, art, meditation and music – in trauma work. New courses exploring current trauma models and research using accessible, expressive skills.
- Introduction to Working Creatively with Trauma (now booking for 2/3rd March 2019).
- The Certificate in Working Creatively with Trauma is our key skills course using sand, art, music and movement (now booking for first intake February 2019).
- A Diploma in Working Creatively with Trauma, which will take a spiritual look at the meaning of trauma, is planned for Spring 2020.
Simple and practical evidence-based ways to use art in the counselling room.
- How to encourage children, adolescents and adult clients to draw and paint, using art and clay as an assessment tool, helping clients express feelings on the page and overcoming the “I can’t draw” part of ourselves.
- The Introduction, Certificate and Diploma use an integrative theoretical approach including Jungian, Transpersonal, Gestalt and Trauma models. Click here for dates in 2019.
Weekend courses and group support using sandplay, art and meditation to protect the joy and keep the faith in being a supervisor at a time of great change in the industry.
All our teachers are accredited BACP or UKCP supervisors who are currently supervising work with children, adolescents and adults and seeing clients themselves. Weekend courses for 2019 include:
- Expectations and Expression, to provide supervisors with independent support and self-care.
- Separatio – This is Yours, This is Mine, which uses the alchemical process to enhance therapeutic perspective. Click here to email us for more details.
- A longer course in Integrative Supervision is under development.
If you are interested in sandplay therapy training, you have probably looked at a number of different courses and seen sandplay described as Jungian in most places and integrative in a few. What’s the difference? Sandplay sprang up organically when therapists working in London in the early twentieth century began to notice their young clients…
In my nine years teaching integrative sandplay and art courses, I have experienced many people (including myself) meeting their traumatised parts for the first time in a sandtray. There in that little wooden box are the lost parts that call out to us in our dreams and in our acting out, in all their three…
What previous course attendees are saying:
I began this course to expand my therapeutic sandplay skills with clients. Unbeknownst to me, the sand took me on a personal journey of self-discovery and uncovered parts of myself that I did not want to acknowledge. The sand helped me to feel the emotions I did not want to feel. I am still on my journey.
During the course, Jill said, “You (the therapist) are the mirror off of which clients are reflecting their experience. If your mirror is not clean, what are you reflecting?”
More than anything, this course taught me to “feel” and to trust my instincts personally and professionally. I am more attuned to my clients’ emotions and experiences because I have allowed myself to feel my own hurt and joy. I have a deeper, more connected relationship with my clients. I am confident that what I am now reflecting back to my clients is their own experience, not mine.
Inexorably drawn towards the healing power of sand I joined Jill’s certificate and diploma courses in working therapeutically with sand and never looked back. Her courses marry deep experiential work along with well taught in depth theory in small accessible groups. She supervises, teaches and contains you in your personal learning process and does justice to the value of therapeutic synchronicity.
Jill’s sand tray courses have improved my work with children and adults enormously. I have gained a deeper understanding of the theories taught and an even deeper understanding of myself through the experiential learning and reflective practice encouraged. I highly recommend these courses where Jill is a supportive, knowledgeable and patient tutor.
I have attended and enjoyed the introductory weekend, that led to attending the certificate in sand tray, which led to attending and completing the Diploma in sand tray work with Jill this year. In each case I was impressed and inspired by Jill’s professionalism, her excellent hand outs, her encyclopedic knowledge but most of all the personal qualities that she brings, such generosity of spirit and warmth of heart. The pace is gentle yet firm, her holding of the space exceptional and after experiencing Psychotherapy training in other institutions I would rate Jill’s approach as masterful and highly competent. The handouts are eloquent and erudite, the symbol collection second to none and the opportunity to learn experiential as well as via lectures deeply effective and in my case, life changing, leading me to apply for an MA in child psychotherapy, a challenge I would not have attempted without the sand tray training with Jill.
The format is sensitive and nurturing, with the delicious communal lunches and time given too for reflection in lovely surroundings. She has introduced me to to some amazing music and people and I will be eternally grateful for her gracious support and continuing encouragement. I used to look forward to each weekend with excitement to see what was to be revealed in a safe, heart warming space. This has deepened my understanding of my clients issues and my own immeasurably.
I look forward to further training and would recommend these weekends and training opportunities to everyone in the business, as a way to learn how to use sandplay and symbols with clients of all ages and for serious self development. It is certainly the best CPD training I have attended.
Sign up to get latest updates and find out when booking opens. The courses are small and limited and sell out fast, so don’t miss out!
You can unsubscribe at any time.