Jill Carter is the UK’s leading creative trainer for sandplay therapy training courses. All our arts therapy training courses are particularly suitable for counsellors, psychotherapists and play therapists. Other professionals or volunteers in the mental health and education fields are also welcome. In addition, our sandplay, expressive arts, creative trauma and supervision courses can be used as BACP or UKCP Continuing Professional Development.
These expressive therapy courses explain the theories and research behind creativity in counselling, education and mental health environments. They are written and taught by Jill Carter, Emma Steadman and Masha Bennett who have many years experience teaching in this field. There are no more than 10 students in each group, which gives both space to connect with others and to receive practical, individual advice.
If you are reading this, you are probably already drawn to the idea of using expressive arts and creativity in your work. So, we can teach you to bring together the magic of play with solid theories and research. This arts therapy training therefore makes an effective and enjoyable way of working with clients of all ages.
- You can become a Sandplay Therapist
- Our sand tray therapy, expressive arts, trauma and supervision courses can also be used for BACP/UKCP Continuing Professional Development
- These courses are especially great if you work with children, adolescents and/or adults.
- They will in particular help you as a counsellor, psychotherapist, clinical psychologist, play therapist, wellbeing or mental health practitioner.
- These expressive therapy courses will also support you as a professional, during a child therapy training or as a volunteer in an educational /mental health setting, e.g. school, nursery, SEN or CAMHS.
- Our students come from different backgrounds, trainings and experience
- Most people who come on these arts therapy training courses form part of a growing supportive community
- There is therefore ongoing support through private Facebook groups, webinars and connections made with other attendees
Jill’s sand tray UK courses have improved my work with children and adults enormously. I have therefore gained a deeper understanding of the theories taught. Also, an even deeper understanding of myself through the experiential learning and reflective practice she has encouraged. I highly recommend these courses. Jill is indeed a supportive, knowledgeable and patient tutor.
Jill Emma and Masha have been teaching creative and sand therapy training courses for many years. Our expressive arts, supervision and trauma trainings are also based on the most recent and relevant research. In addition, we draw on our work as child, adolescent, family and adult psychotherapists (Jill and Masha) or play therapist (Emma) & supervisors (all!). Jill and Masha are also EMDR therapists. In fact, hundreds of students have already done our courses. These are the key reasons why they choose us:
- Expert, friendly, supportive training
- Small groups, which give you plenty of one-to-one attention
- Practical, constantly updated research-based advice
- Affordable (monthly payment plans available)
- Courses take place regularly in London, Essex and Manchester areas as well as online
More than anything, this course taught me to “feel” and to trust my instincts personally and professionally. I am more attuned to my clients’ emotions and experiences because I have allowed myself to feel my own hurt and joy. As a result, I have a deeper, more connected relationship with my clients. So, I am confident that what I am now reflecting back to my clients is their own experience, not mine.
Three levels of training …
- Introduction weekend – firstly, experience creativity and learn basic skills
- Certificate – key skills training and also practical advice for qualified practitioners
- Diploma – advanced clinical skills with additional concentration on meaning and self care
Course are run in small groups, no more than 10, which gives you plenty of one-to-one attention.
Sandplay therapy training courses
Creative trauma training courses